Elder Tanner Plummer

Elder Tanner Plummer

Monday, August 31, 2015

Tender mercies from The Lord - August 31, 2015


Enjoying Ice Cream with my great companion, Elder Routledge




Beautiful California Palm Trees 
Our new apartment 

My first trainer, Elder Hurst 

Dear family,

This last week went MUCH better! I got my follow-up trainer Elder Routledge and he's really nice! We've gotten along pretty well! And our new District Leader is Elder Payne, he's from Illinois and I can tell that he's been out for a while.

We taught Amador again and addressed a few of his concerns again, what we plan to do is that we're going to teach all the lessons again. We saw Leilo again, she was doing good and we're setting up time for her to see the Bishop about her concerns with Tithing and Green Tea. And we met with Bishop Mince and I introduced Elder Routledge and we had a pretty good talk, our main goal is fellowshipping less actives and helping them come back to church. Also, we plan to make the ward a more missionary-minded ward. And we met with our ward mission leader Bro. Ybanez again just to get him updated with what we're doing.

Yesterday, Bro. Ybanez, Elder Routledge and I gave talks on missionary work. I felt that we all did pretty well and the spirit was really strong. And it was interesting for the rest of the Church members were referring to our talks and it seemed they enjoyed and really want to do missionary work. I have a good feeling that the members will work with us a lot more.

So, yeah its been great! We have a system, and this is how it works:

1) Well, what we actually do is we drop by and visit the less-actives and share a spiritual message at the end. And invite them to church.

2) If all of our set appointments fall through, we have other people as a back-up plan that we can go visit. And if this doesn't work, then we start knocking on doors. I went door-to-door on two occasions and at first it was nerve-wracking, but eventually I got the hang of it. In my mind when I go to a door, I always remind myself (this are people too, they're not gonna kill you. If anything they could be an investigator and a new friend) :)

3) It varies. If I'm giving a talk this Sunday (like last week) I write the talk. If the District Leader assigns you to lead a role-play (we call them ed-peps) then we prepare for that. But I've been going through the missionary library and as you already know, I'm reading Our Search For Happiness. I've learned a lot.

I'm so glad that I've come on a mission! I've seen the blessings in my life and my faith has grown stronger.

Thanks for you questions and keep asking more! :)

Love You,

Elder Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment